POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Real Clouds with Real Problems : Re: Real Clouds with Real Problems Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real Clouds with Real Problems
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Apr 2008 01:15:00
Message: <web.47f1d20f91cbe45978dcad930@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> That is a learned and intelligible piece of information, Kenneth. Thank you
> indeed.

Happy to help!

> Could you tell me if all this is
> also related to media boxes placed one behind the other (without surrounding
> atmosphere) which makes them visible (problem mentioned by Gilles Tran on
> his website)?

I don't think I've come across what you describe, in my own scenes.  Can you
post a link to the relevant page on Gilles's site? I'm curious to know what that
is.

I *did* set up a test scene, though, using spheres instead of boxes; one large
media sphere, plus a smaller one that I "orbited" around it
into different positions. (I made sure that the sphere surfaces didn't
intersect or even touch.)  I didn't see anything odd when the small sphere was
in front or in back of the large one, even when giving the spheres wildly
different samples values. Perhaps Gilles's boxes were actually intersecting?

Ken